Trouble shooting before drywall.
While we’re leaving the main living floor in apparent stone, the floor with the bedrooms is getting modern insulation and drywall. New windows are going up soon too.
To prepare for this we’ve had to fix and solidify some things beforehand like this giant crack above. We’ve been using a sable à batir for such repairs.
While we haven’t had too many mauvaises surprises, we did discover that one of the supporting beams was rotting inside the wall. We fixed it in a similar manner that beau père had replaced an entire support beam; with a series of 2×4 wood planks and super long screws.